I owned both a copy of Battlefield 3 and Modern Warfare 3. Sure, these two FPS giants are competing with each other... But I had found out, they had similarities or references to the other game! Here is a list.
- Both playable US marine characters are ranked Sergeant (Blackburn in BF3 and Frost in MW3).
- The callsign of the characters start with a letter M (Misfit in BF3 and Metal in MW3).
- There are also playable Russian characters from both games (Dima in BF3 and Yuri in MW3).
- A Russian NPC character gets nailed down by a steel bar after an explosion.
- The cause of the global wars is the will of a single man.
- A WMD demolishes an entire city in both of the games.
- You attack a hostile train full of terrorists.
- The player sees a falling multi-story building in front of him.
- There is a kill/capture mission of a bomb threat situated in Paris (a bomb carrier in BF3 and Volk in MW3).
- Both campaigns let you destroy a tank with a Javelin.
- You provide sniper overwatch to an allied team trying to assault a building.
- You man the turret of a tank going through a city road.
- There is a situation in the two games wherein you need to chase an antagonist and jump into his helicopter.
- Interestingly, the playable character in this situation falls into some glass surface.
... are there other things?