Today CharlieINTEL.com along with several other sources reported three brand new pieces of news.
(Rumor) New DLC plans for Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
Matt Harris from GamingINTEL.com has reported that Activision will be embracing a free DLC model for future multiplayer maps coming to Black Ops 4 during it's DLC season. The site also mentions the existence of a Season Pass exclusive to Zombies related DLC, implying that future Zombies maps will not be affected by this new model.
Dan Bunting had hinted about this new plan for Black Ops 4 during an interview with Polygon, by stating "I can tell you that we’re going to release a bunch of content in the year following this game and we’re going to support it in ways we never have before."
I caution everyone to be skeptical though, as this is only just a rumor.
Eight original Infinity Ward devs have returned
In a Reddit post, it was revealed that eight developers from Infinity Ward that left for Respawn Entertainment in 2010 after the legal battle between Activision and Jason West and Vince Zampella, have returned to the company. Below is the name of the employees and their positions with the company, all compiled by CharlieINTEL.com.
- Geoffrey Smith — Former Designer at Infinity Ward, then moved to Respawn to be Lead Game Designer; he is now Multiplayer Design Director at Infinity Ward
- Joel Emslie — Former Art Lead at Infinity Ward; moved to Respawn to be Art Director. Emsile has returned to Infinity Ward as Studio Art Director at Infinity Ward
- Mark Grigsby – He was the former Lead Animator at Infinity Ward, the moved to Respawn to be the Lead Animator; he is now back as Animation Director at Infinity Ward
- Ranon Sarono – Former Senior Animator at Respawn; he is now Senior Animator at Infinity Ward
- John Mundy — He was the Senior Game Designer at Respawn; now the Senior Game Designer at Infinity Ward
- Joshua Dunnam — Former Senior Environment Artist at Respawn; he is now the now Senior Environment Artist at Infinity Ward
- Dom McCarthy — Former Producer at Respawn; he is now Producer at Infinity Ward
- Madison Cromwell — Former Art Producer at Respawn; currently the Associate Producer at Infinity Ward
(Rumor) Call of Duty 2019 could be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4
Matthew Harris has also reported today that next year's Call of Duty title could be Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 4. Which CharlieINTEL.com has stated lines up with the information they have received about next year's CoD title.
This could also explain why several ex-employees from Infinity Ward have returned to the company recently.
Eric Hirshberg, Activision's now-former CEO said in an interview earlier this year that; "Its suffice to say I think we have the best 3 year slate in Call of Duty’s history, which is really saying something given this franchise’s history, and I think we’ve got multiple different game universes that we know our players love on tap, so obviously, more to come on that."
However, just like the Black Ops 4 DLC news, this is just a rumor. So I encourage everyone to remain cautious.