A recent post on the Official Call of Duty Forums by Treyarch's David Vonderhaar shows that Treyarch is considering some changes on the Second Chance perk for a future patch. Note that they are considering, and while changes may be likely, we cannot guarantee any changes.
A summary of things Vonderhaar talks about:
- Giving full kill credit the the player who puts the enemy into Second Chance, and Assist credit to the player who finishes him off.
- Only allowing the player to be revived once.
- Increasing the revive time.
- The "invincibility period" a player gains when dropping is not being changed or removed. Although some players find this as "cheap," reducing or removing this mechanic will be unfair to the Second Chance user.
- RC-XD damage and blast radius and speed.
- No Knife or Sniper Rifle changes planned; Treyarch is happy with what is present.
Besides these, Vonderhaar announced that the AK-74u's Grip attachment has been slightly "de-tuned."