Treyarch/Activision recently released Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Multiplayer Starter Pack, a multiplayer-only version of their newest installment. This version is exclusive to PC, and essentially gives its buyer the multiplayer from the game (with some limitations) for a cheaper price of £11.59/€14.59/$14.99 USD. The Starter Pack can also be purchased only from now until February 29. If you wish the upgrade to the full game later on, the price is deducted from the purchase so you don't have to pay extra.
The Starter Pack includes access to public ranked matchmaking, as well as Paint Shop, Gunsmith, Arena, Freerun, Theater, and the Black Market.
It does not include the following:
- Zombies game mode
- Campaign game mode
- Ability to play in Multiplayer custom games
- Ability to Prestige (your level will be capped at 55 in the Starter Pack)
- Access to mod tools or modded content (once released)
- Access to unranked server browser (once released)
- Ability to Fresh Start your profile
- The ability to access Dead Ops Arcade II and Nightmares mode