So uh, everyone is doing this, and it's almost my third year anniversary, and I don't feel like waiting to do it on the day o it, then forgetting, and coming back and realizing "well shit". So...yeah. I'm gonna talk about stuff. This is going to somewhat be a continuation of my last blog like this.
In the beginning
I was friends with an old user on here, by the name of Frohman. I had known him on xbox live since 2010, and I was very good friends with him. Around September of 2011, I asked about this site he had been mentioning, which was uh, y'know, this wiki. So he said I should make an account and come on. I did, on an old account that's now blocked (because I made this one), I never joined chat though, just went on other wikis. I forgot my password one day, and made this account instead of trying to retrieve it. So, on November 7th, 2011, I began my journey really here. I went on chat at least once a week, to talk to Frohman, in PM. I NEVER talked in main chat, I was scared shitless to even say hi, because of my social anxiety. I never even watched main chat, because of how enthralled I was with PMing him. He introduced me to Aces Creed, and this was because we had similar taste in music, and at the time wanted to start a band over the internet somehow. Frohman also introduced me to FSO, but we didn't talk as much as I did with Aces.
Around late February, I started watching MLP:FiM, and this was really what changed everything. Because practically 75% of the chat were "bronies", I felt I would fit in more if I announced I was one, and maybe it would be easier to talk. Didn't really work out...considering I've just been a guy sitting in the chat once a week for hours on end during the night shift, never talking. I doubt anyone even noticed me then. Anyways, I don't know exactly what happened, but on March 3rd (yes I remember the date), I made my first convo on main chat. I was up until 5 AM talking to multiple users about a multitude of topics. I eventually found myself doing this everyday, and I became obsessed with the chat.
Getting around, and the start of editing
By May I had made a lot of friends, and apparently a few enemies. I was made chat moderator on May 18th, and this happened:
I had also started editing, and gained Custodian rights, and Rollback rights. I was editing at least 100 times a day. I eventually made an RfA, which was successful, as you can see by my lime green sysop hilite.
I started becoming less and less active over time, and eventually became inactive. I felt like absolute shit from that because I felt users might've thought all I wanted were the rights, and now that I was a sysop, I felt I was done. That was not the case at all, as I had a lot of deeply troublesome personal problems. I don't really want to get into that, so I'll just move on to the next era of my time here.
Sitting on chat
Since late December of 2012, I've been sitting on chat, watching the wiki become less and less active. At first it was a really depressing thing to see, but at the same time, I was happy to see who stuck around. I became very close friends with who is currently one of the best people I've ever met, and a fantastic friend, Lucas Xavier Dos Reis. I also became closer with a lot of the remaining members. I still sit on chat to this day, doing whatever.
How I've changed
I've become a much more happy person because of this wiki. My depression is gone, my anxiety has lowered, my social skills are better (but that's partly due to other circumstances), and I've matured in many ways. Though I must say, my behavior has declined. I look back at 2012, and see myself as too serious of a person, and I'm very laid back now. This isn't necessarily a problem in itself, but I've become pretty irresponsible and careless. But hey, whatever, I'm more satisfied with myself than I was in 2011. You guys as a whole and yourselves individually have changed me, for better and worse. But I'd say the good outweighs the bad. Thank you so much for this experience. I'm most likely going to stick around for a lot more, because I have no life, and I can't seem to stay away from what remains of the cod chatters. I love you all.
NOTE: If I left you out, it's because either I forgot, or you're inactive.
- Fc0349 - You've got fantastic music taste. You're very outspoken, you care about a lot of things, and you're not afraid to talk about it. You're an absolutely wonderful person in almost any way I can imagine. I know that I say this a lot, and it doesn't mean much to you because you think of yourself so lowly, but you truly are a beautiful person. You're kind, sweet, you care about other people, despite what you say. You're very musical, creative, open minded, and versatile in many of the things you do. You have a unique way of looking at things, and I love that. You don't give up. We've had our ups and downs, but we still make it together at the end of the day. That's the difference between you and other people. I fucking love you, man. Stop being so hard on yourself and realize you have worth as a human being. If there was anything negative to say about you that actually mattered, it's that you can be pretentious at times. But aren't we all, every once in a while?
- Kat - Dude. You were one of the first friends I made on this wiki, man. I PMed you, and asked you about template crap, and how to make my userpage look as good as yours. At the time, I had no knowledge of anything, so I was completely foreign to everything you said. But you kept trying to help me. You didn't make fun of me or anything, even though I bet you were frustrated. You're also a beautiful human being. Though there are some times you are harsh on others, I understand why. I can see where you're coming from. On the positive side, you're an excellent musician, you're creative as hell, you've got fantastic music taste, you've helped improve me as a person in so many ways. You're hilarious, and you also are very outspoken. You're blunt as hell sometimes, and that's a great thing.
- Aces - You are the reason I made it on here. You've known me since the beginning, and we've seen each other grow in so many ways. I remember when we were fedora tipping prog lovers, and now we just listen to whatever, don't care about anything, and shit. You're awesome. I would have more to say about you, and trust me, there is but I'm fucking tired from writing all this shit in one go. I'll edit it back later <3. Keep on being awesome
- CoD4 - HOLY SHIT DO YOU EVER STOP WORKING? You're seriously the hardest worker I've ever met. I admire that to the fullest, because I'm the complete opposite. We're not as close as we used to be, but hey man, the summer of 2012 was packed with so much fun and memories, if it never stopped it would've been too much to handle. You're a very sweet, nice, and down to earth person, and I fucking love your sense of humor. You also keep up with current world news, which is awesome. Love ya.
- Weirdo - The Koromo - I've known this being since at least mid March 2012, and she's one of the only friends I've had for this long that I've never had many problems with. Koromo is an extremely kind, sweet person. Despite her misanthropic views, she's a silly individual. extremely intelligent, she is one of the most mature people I've ever met, and is very well rounded. She's a very talented writer (Aces Creed can also vouch for this), has amazing taste in movies, music, books, you name it. She's had a very rough life, and there have been numerous occasions where she's come onto chat miserable, and I have no idea what to do about it, and it's awful. So I'd also like to use this mention as a way to apologize to her, for not being able to make her feel better, when she really needs it. But I'll try to improve on that. Onto lighter things, she's influenced me a lot. She got me into a lot of Metal, a lot of bands I never would've imagined listening to, and helped me realize I share a fetish with her that for a while I thought was unthinkable for me to be into, she's also definitely helped me with sympathy issues. All in all, Koromo is a very good person. Don't let her tell herself otherwise.
There are many others of you, but I'm almost at tears thinking of all the memories and great times. I really can't write much more, I have practically no more energy. I'll try to come back to this, and add more people, but for now this is all I can do. Thank you all for what you've done to me, and for what I'm sure you've done for others users. I love you all, and I hope for many more fun memories.