Another CYW featuring a British soldier during the Falklands War *my hat to all the Brits out there*. Here's your choices:
- L1A1 SLR (FAL) -
- Benefits: Accuracy is high, well reliability, semi-auto, 20-round magazine
- Disadvantages: Recoil is moderate, semi-auto only (kinda obvious why)
- L42A1 (essentialy Scoped Lee-Enfield chambered in 7.62 NATO) -
- Benefits: Accuracy & range are high
- Disadvantages: Slow ROF (Bolt-Action), short magazine capacity
- L4 Bren (essentialy Bren chambered in 7.62 NATO) -
- Benefits: High ROF, interchangable barrel system
- Disadvantages: Low magazine capacity for machine-gun standards (30-round magazine), heavy weight
I pick the L1A1 SLR because of 3 main reasons: 7.62mm NATO, 20-round mag, and accuracy. 3 things a soldier can rely on. In my opinion, the (semi-auto) FAL is a soldiers best friend.
You have seen my choice, now make yours!