Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Firstly, as the title subtly hints, this isn't a direct weapon wishlist for multiplayer (enough of those already), instead this is an open forum for genuine ideas, whether they be to the story, new gameplay features, character returns, etc.
I think I'll start the ball rolling with these:
- A longer campaign that doesn't lose momentum but at times is low-key like some of the subtler moments in Black Ops (Hey, there'll be enough people that agree a shooter doesn't always have to be explosions and helicopter crashes). Would it not have been better to have Weaver and Hudson in "Numbers" sneaking into the building, quietly assassinating Clarke's guards before breaching and capturing the guy? At least that would have been atmospheric.
- A return to the "shown" deployments of MW 1 + 2. Everyone knows what I mean here: it was rare to find a mission started with being dropped off stealthily, as often as not it started with a helicopter crash or more often, jumping straight into the action. This wasn't a problem in WaW, as you were a humble footslogger as opposed to a Special Forces Commando.
- Get rid of the callsigns/nicknames/surnames of the 141 characters. As a limit it should be one per game (i.e. Reznov, Gaz, Ghost) instead, for these missions, EVERYONE had a wacky callsign (save Soap, who'd all but lost his): Meat, Scarecrow, Ozone, Justice etc. Not to mention that the Shadow Company had THE EXACT SAME THING: Butcher One etc. Black Ops had a similar problem: in that no-one was identified by rank: everyone was designated by surname alone. ID'd as Sgt. Woods would have been better.
- A "slightly" more realistic storyline, and one that doesn't rely quite so much on shock tactics, such as showing the Washington Monument under siege. This is fine for patriotic Americans, but leaves everyone else (including me) feeling cold. I don't debate this is effective for you as a plot device.
- Finally, an expanded version of Spec Ops. Most people liked this in Modern Warfare 2, but why stop at two players? What about four, or even eight on some point defence ones? THAT would be atmosphere.