It's been 7 years since a console Battlefront game was released. The series may be dead, but if it were to be announced in development, here is what I would propose to add to it:
- Planet-to-space combat: This concept was shown in an Alpha Build for Battlefront 3 years ago, but it could be an idea more fully expanded upon. The concept showed a person taking off in a Jedi Starfighter, and flying up to space with it, where he did several dogfights. This idea opens up the possibilty of havint two sides of a map: in space, and on the ground. This way, if the ground map is taken over, the other side can set up defenses in Space.
- Experience Points & Level Up system: Let's face it: no game in today's world sells without an Experience Points and Leveling Up system. But this could mean new ways to play Battlefront. For example, not only could you get XP for killing enemies, but you could get it for capturing command posts, taking out vehicles, repairing vehicles, etc. This could also mean that when you level up, you earn new weapons, attachments & upgrades for said weapons, vehicles, upgrades to the vehicles, and general equipment for each class.
Note: this would apply to the heroes as well.
- Level editing: Here is my idea for this game. Create 2 level editors: one that would be similar to forge mode (improving existing maps, and having a limit of how much you may add it), and a map creator, and a level creator (you would download it on your PC, and then you could upload your designs onto consoles, but only be able to play them on private matches. Also, a design contest could be held, where you could upload your map, and the best maps get compiled into map packs.
- A good storyline: 'nuff said.
- Improved AI: Again: 'nuff said.
- Improved Multiplayer: There would be many modes in this, similar to other FPS games. You could have games where you need to destroy bomb sites, or just regular team deathmatches. The player limit could be at 50 in each match, and up to a 100 on the PC. There could be a Survival mode where you and other players (25-50 max other players) are defending against numerous waves of enemy attack.
- Near-complete environment destructability: Everything but objectives would be able to be destroyed.
So, what do you guys think about these suggestions? Anything you would like to add? Comment below!