An image of the next Call of Duty has been revealed online. It first appeared on Tesco Direct (the page has now been removed) with a Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 release on the 30th December 2013, however this is probably just a placeholder.
It then appeared in an Target advert (seen above) with a PS3 and 360 release on the 5th November 2013 (which is probably the official date) with a pricing of $59.99.
If you remember that a month ago Drift0r said that a reliable source leaked "Call of Duty: Ghosts" to him. Apparently the game will feature:
- Branching out from Modern Warfare Series
- Expect an announcement near May 1st
- Set in future but using current generation weapons
- Major plot event causes the use of current generation weapons in the future
- Multiplayer loading screens are dynamic
- No longer a simple countdown
- Examples: Repel from chopper or sneak into map.
- Similar to the strike force mode intros
- Player movement changed
- No mention of Dolphin Dive
- Sprint into sliding
- Shoot while sliding
- Peeking around corners on console
- Can roll while prone. Similar to DayZ
- Spec Ops is gone
- Replaced by something completely new
- More destructive environments
- Shoot down killstreak and destroy building
- More interactive maps like Hydro
- More destruction in Singleplayer rather than Multiplayer