I don't know how many times I've seen this one out there, but I thought I'd go through the three games I've played and suggest some alternatives to what I consider to be inaccurate, anachronistic or just plain stupid weapon choices the developers made.
Call of Duty 4
- M9 (Beretta 92SB) - Beretta 92FS
- Desert Eagle - Remove, there's no real reason for it to be there.
- W1200 (Winchester 1200) - Remington 870 MCS / Entry Gun
- AK-47 - AKS-74 / AK-74M
- AK-74u - replace with a proper AKS-74u
- R700 (Remington R700P) - L96 / L115
- RPD - PKM
- M21 - G3SG/1 (Since it's not really used in game by anyone who uses the real one)
Modern Warfare 2
- .44 Magnum (Colt Anaconda) - Colt 1911
- Desert Eagle - As before
- M9 - As before
- AK47 - Split; regular wood furniture AK47s for the milita and OpFor, AK-103 with railed handguard and telescopic stock for Russian Army
- WA2000 - Dragunov
- L86 (L86A1) - L86A2
- RPD - As above
- Model 1887 (Winchester 1887) - Winchester 1912 "Trench Gun"
- Ranger - remove
- M79 - FN EGLM
- M203 - M320
- CZ 75 - Browning Hi-Power
- ASP - Smith and Wesson M39 / Mark 22
- MP5K - HK MP54
- Spectre (SITES Spectre M4) - M3A1 "Grease Gun"
- FAMAS - remove
- AK47 - swap for a regular AK47 or a Type 56
- AK74u - AKMS
- Commando - XM177E1
- Galil - HK33
- G11 - remove
- SPAS-12 - Remington 1100
- Stakeout (Ithaca M37 "Stakeout") - Full length Ithaca M37
- Olympia - remove
- M60 (M60E3) - M60A1
- L96A1 - M40A1
- WA2000 - XM21
- PSG-1 - G3SG/1
- Strela-3 - SA-7 Grail
- Masterkey - remove.