Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Earlier today on the official Call of Duty website the PC requirements and detailed enhancements were shown in a community blog. These requirements and enhancements are as follows:
- OS: Windows Vista SP2 or Windows 7
- CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHz or AMD Phenom X3 8750 2.4 GHz
- Memory: 2GB for 32-bit OS or 4GB for 64-bit OS
- Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT 512 MB or ATI Radeon HD 3870 512 MB
- The game CANNOT run on Windows XP
- The Black Ops II engine: "builds upon the Black Ops engine with a number of improvements including performance optimizations, enhanced graphics, and proprietary anti-cheat technology."
- The game engine has been moved from DX9 to DX11. The DX11 requires less CPU time to do the same amount of work as the DX9. A "quality over performance" option has been added to let the player customize his Black Ops II experience
- NOTE: these benefits still extend across many GPUs, not just DX11 hardware
- The PC version also features enhanced graphic quality. This enhances: " lighting, shadows, antialiasing, bloom, depth of field, ambient occlusion, and other enhanced effects that are still in the works. And the game can run at higher resolutions and higher framerates on the PC."
- There will be no framerate cap unless the player wants to enable one
The entire blog and information can be viewed here.