Recently I was doing some article clean-up and noticed an extreme amount of sloppy, careless edits on a few of the pages. So I just wanted to rant about it in this blog.
1) Use of templates. If an article is clearly not a stub, do not put the stub template on it, this is common fucking sense. And if an article is packed with images...do not put the article in need of images template. Which brings me to my next point.
2) Use of images. This frustrates me so much, when a user takes off high quality images... and then adds the needs images template... *facedesk* also, please think of how you place an image on a page. Do not randomly insert it at the end of a paragraph. Add it in a manor where it pops out of the article drawing in the readers attention.
3) Trivia. Just because you don't agree with it, doesn't mean its not valid trivia.
4) And finally, be responsible. Whether that means take responsibility in your edits if they are poor, or being confident in your edits. This also in my opinion is being a watchful for poor edits and fixing them.
5) Not accidentally spelling the title Sloopyness AND putting an article needs images template on an music page >_<
Thank you for your time, I hope you
raged at enjoyed my rant. :)
20:25, January 12, 2012 (UTC)