I was thinking for a while, what does the community think about the guns in Black Ops? Well, I thought of a pretty creative (imo) way to find out how. I'm going to list a few guns I see pretty often in multiplayer, list it's pros & cons, then you guys debate wether the weapon is used fairly or abused to no end.
- First automatic assault rifle unlocked.
- Decent rate of fire, dosent waste ammo.
- Assault rifle, so can be used at all ranges.
- Looks great with alot of camo's.
- Fastest AR ADS time. (1/5th of a second, opposed to 1/4th.)
- Difficult to use recoil, skilled players only can use it.
- Low-ish damage.
- Usually overlooked for vvvvv
- Great rate of fire.
- Low unlock level.
- Low recoil.
- 4-shot kill. (3 in CQB.)
- Dual Mags increases default ammo. (120 w/o to 180 w/)
- Decent sights, so Reflex/RDS/ACOG/ etc. isn't needed.
- Considered a "noob gun."
- The RoF makes Scavenger/Dual/Extended Mags almost mandatory.
- Highest SMG damage.
- Easy to control recoil.
- Can accept a grenade launcher.
- Good with almost any attachment.
- Almost no recoil with Grip.
- Slow rate of fire means accurate shots & no ammo waste.
- More like an assault rifle than an SMG.
- AR moving speed.
- Good reload time.
- Low bullet penetration.
- Low damage multipliers.
- If you use this, expect flame messages.
4. Stoner 63
- Highest RoF of all LMG's.
- Low recoil.
- Highest damage per second of any gun in the game.
- Good at every range.
- AR speed for aiming down the sights.
- Usable iron sights.
- Terrible hip fire accuracy.
- 30-round magazine makes Sleight of Hand or Scavenger a necessity.
- More of an AR than an LMG.
- "Classified" gun, meaning you have to spend 8000 codpoints at least. (Plus attachments/camos.)
5. Galilililililililililil (lol.)
- 35 round magazine.
- Good damage. (One of the three stronger AR's.)
- Usable sights, so RDS is not needed.
- Good RoF.
- Usable recoil.
- Good at any range.
- Extended Mags gives it 50 rounds, opposed to the usual AR limit of 45.
- Reload cancelling is very usefull.
- Long reload time. Almost LMG time.
- Unpredictable recoil.
- With an ACOG, the recoil is prominent.