According to Activision Publishing CEO Eric Hirshberg the next iteration of the series, Call of Duty: Ghosts, is to get an engine upgrade. "Infinity Ward set the gold standard for first-person action for a generation, and they're going to do it again with Call of Duty: Ghosts."
"Ghosts delivers an all-new story, all-new characters, an all-new Call of Duty world, all powered by a next generation Call of Duty engine, which is a leap forward for the franchise. Infinity Ward is going all-in to create the next generation of Call of Duty worthy of the world's greatest fans."
Whether this means that the IW engine will be getting a massive overhaul or if the IW team are outsourcing the engine remains to be seen. Either way,Read more >
I totally called itwe caugh…
According to a report from Kotaku, anonymous sources suggest that Respawn’s game will come to Microsoft’s next-gen console and to Xbox 360, “but no versions for rival PlayStation and Nintendo consoles.”
The new Respawn is supposedly called Titan and will be made on a modified version of Valve's engine, not on internal EA tech or on /. (The IW engine was originally based off an Id Tech engine.) The 'source' also says that Respawn is only working on the Durango version of the game and is hand-picking a studio to make the 360 edition.
The report calls the title “multiplayer-centric” and “designed for multiplayer,” with sources suggesting that “the game is always-online.” (Because after Ubisoft, Diablo III and Simcity, who doesn't love always-on …Read more >
A big hello to all! As usual, here is a breakdown of all things Call of Duty that have happened this week...
- Treyarch said there's no more gun DLC
- Mob of the Dead is a thing
- Mob of the Dead also has achievements, true story
- Black Ops II for Xbox 360 got some patchings
- Sactidge made a blog on Central about VSTF stuff
- 158 years ago today, Abraham Lincoln got shot in the head.
That's all for now, folks! My name is Smuff and I leave you with the hardest question of all time. 21:01, April 14, 2013 (UTC)
Read more >
Well, it's that time of the year once more. Yesterday, the website http://unexpectedreveal.com popped up, claiming that the next Call of Duty will be unveiled on March 21st at 8:00 EST.
Doing a whois on the website reveals the website is registered to Infinity Ward employee James Corney, though as usual these legitimacy of these websites should be taken with a pinch of salt. If the website is anything to go by, however, then it's likely the next Call of Duty title will indeed be Modern Warfare 4.Read more >
A big hello to all! As usual, here is a breakdown of all things Call of Duty that've happened this week.
- The 2013 Game BAFTA (pronounced "Burfturr") awards nominees have been announced, with Call of Duty: Black Ops II up for 3 nominations in Action, Innovation (dunno either) and Multiplayer. (See moar...)
- Glorious User of the Month nominations start on the 19th, be sure you have your favourite chat lurker ready to nominate.
- The Walking Dead came back last week. I watched it, but I haven't seen many episodes before so it didn't make much sense.
- Season 3 ponies ended yesterday, butthurt was everywhere.
- The Playstation 4 is being announced on Wednesday.
- Obiwan Kenobi accused of meth possession.
--> That's all for this week! As usual, I am Smuff, and I l…
Read more >