Call of Duty: Black Ops gathered 7 nominations for a BAFTA, and it won one.
Black Ops managed to secure the GAME Award of 2010. For those who are not familiar with the award, the GAME Award is an award run by the British retailer GAME decided over a public vote, thus is often biased towards games with a large fanbase.
The 7th British Academy Video Games Awards were held on March 16.
Black Ops was nominated in seven categories overall;
- GAME Award; won by Treyarch's "Call of Duty: Black Ops."
- Best Action; won by Ubisoft's "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood."
- Best Artistic Achievement; won by Santa Monica Studio's "God of War III."
- Best Multiplayer; won by Criterion Games's "Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit."
- Best Story; won by Quantic Dream's "Heavy Rain."
- Best Technical Innovation; won by Quantic Dream's "Heavy Rain."
- Best Use of Audio; won by DICE's "Battlefield: Bad Company 2."
Congratulations to Treyarch.