Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
- "The severe and insulting lack of dinosaurs in Modern Warfare 2 was embarrassing and a black mark on my career. The addition of Dinosaurs and turtles (the modern day dinosaur) are a high priority on the feature list of Modern Warfare 3."
- — Robert Bowling
In what is undoubtedly the single biggest page I've ever seen, there was a lot of information released about Modern Warfare 3 by fourzerotwo. Since it's such a long read, here's condensed list of all the information:
- There will be no dive-to-prone in MW3.
- Infinity Ward is considering the new engine the next installment to IW 4.0. Bowling stated that the new engine features upgraded streaming technology and will maintain the standard 60 FPS framerate from IW 4.0. However, instead of being called IW 5.0, the game engine is simply to be called the Modern Warfare 3 engine in line with Sledgehammer also working on the engine.
- IW has confirmed the game will receive full post-launch game support.
- Bowling suggested that gamers should buy both Battlefield 3 and openly admitted both games play to completely different playstyles.
- "I thought it was hilarious. We had been rehearsing everyday, all day, all weekend long. It was something that happened the first day on the first rehearsal, my mark on stage was exactly out of the range of the console. They brought in new hardware that extended the range and we never had the problem again all weekend it went flawless. My rule of thumb is, if your last three rehearsals go flawless, then the live demo will go wrong. My theory holds true."
- — Bowling on his controller disconnecting during the reveal of Hunter Killer.
- The PC version will again use IWnet, however IW staff are apparently trying to figure out a way to support dedicated servers as well.
- The campaign has been revealed to also feature parts of Africa.
- The XP distribution has been changed in Domination and Demolition in an effort to encourage teamwork.
- The game will once again feature an in house multiplayer beta, however Infinity Ward are discussing the introduction of a public beta.
- "Yes. This has been an extremely major focus for us after MW2 and we've spent the last two years building our infrastructure in a way that will allow us to extend our post launch support. Increasing not only frequency (if needed) but speed of them as well as how we can expand the ability to hot fix and playlist updates to address concerns when possible while an full patch goes through the certification process."
- — Bowling on post launch support.
- Bowling made the statement that the game "is returning to gun-on-gun multiplayer."
- It was alluded to that something similar to Theater mode will return in Modern Warfare 3:
- "...the exact implementation of it is not finished. Its important to look at features and make sure they're optimized in a way that does not affect frame rate or gameplay for the sake just having it."
- — Bowling
- Along with no Commando perk returning, the standard knife lunge range has been reduced.
- The game was built up from Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, as opposed to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. Bowling states that the game is "overall focusing more on the gun-on-gun fast paced infantry combat, less relying on air support, but still using it as its intended (to aid in your fight, not supplement it)."
- The perks One Man Army, Commando, and Last Stand from Modern Warfare 2 will not return, as well as the Tactical Nuke and "overpowered explosives."
- Spec Ops is to feature matchmaking, progressive ranking, killstreaks (No, I have no idea how that'll work either) and various unlocks. Bowling stated it is designed to be much more fun than the first in Modern Warfare 2, with perks like Juggernaut featuring.
- "Currently, you can still quick scope in Modern Warfare 3. Keep in mind though, multiplayer is always changing at this stage (new perks, new balancing, new everything all the time based on feedback), however our philosophy on that hasn't changed since MW2."
- — Bowling
- And finally, quickscoping is to make a return in Modern Warfare 3.
Thanks to Gamemasta424 for finding this.
- http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/hwkjy/iam_robert_bowling_creative_strategist_on_modern/?limit=500 - IAm Robert Bowling, Creative Strategist on Modern Warfare 3 AMA