Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The First Hour Edit
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." - Albert Einstein
- There was no warning. One moment I was sitting peacefully in my living room. The next I was at my window witnessing my neighbours being dragged from their homes and onto the streets. Men in dark red & black combat gear moved door to door, breaking inside and ripping the residents from their homes. It wasn't long before they seeped into my apartment block. Within minutes I could hear the footsteps in the halls. Without waiting for them to find me, I balanced myself over the rail and dropped down to the street below. It was a hard fall, but I lived. I got to my feet and started running. Where? I hadn't the slighting fucking idea. But through the panic & the chaos, running just seemed like a pretty good idea.
- I found myself at the diner, so far untouched by our mysterious invaders. I broke through the door and in a stuttering panic and informed them of what was going on. "There is an army out there tearing the suburbs apart!" I wheezed, the noticed everyone had directed their attention to the TV set in the corner, which was now on full volume tuned to the local news broadcast.
- "This is an emergency broadcast. The United States is under invasion. This is not a joke or a security simulation. The soldiers you are seeing are of the Russian Army, evacuate to your nearest security centre or outpost immediatly. I repeat, evacuate to your nearest security centre or outpost immediatly!" Panic finally set in as every man & woman in the diner threw themselves at the exits and out into the streets. My mind was racing, I trying to figure out where I'm supposed to go and my legs suddenly felt to heavy to move. "Gareth!" A voice blared into my ear beside me, it was Paul the diner chef & a friend. "C'mon we gotta get the fuck out of here!" He yelled again, dragging me towards the exit.
- As I rejoined the world outside, I knew this was only going to get much worse.
- - The F.N.G says: First time using a blog as a medium for a story. The next chapter will follow in 2/3 days and will probably be longer than this sorry excuse for an opener. Regardless, feedback (if you like), comments or even just a rating would be very much appreciated. If anyone has any ideas or would like to work on another project in collab then feel free to ask. Thanks for reading!