Today the preview for the second DLC map pack for Ghosts, Devastation, has been released.Included in the new DLC are similar additions as with the Onslaught Pack, as well as some fresh features:
- Four new Maps:
- Behemoth - A small to medium sized map that takes place on an active earth escavator. Completing a field order allows the player to man a minigun whilist riding a helicopter that circles the map.
- Ruins - A meduim sized map that puts players into an ancient Mayan temple near an active volcano. Completing the field order causes the volcano to explode, raining molten rocks unto the field.
- Unearthed - A small sized map based off of MW3's Dome. Completing the field order here spawns three cryptids from Extinction that seek out players before exploding. Also included in this map is a hidden Venom-X from Extinction to use against the enemy team.
- Collision - A small to medium sized map where a freighter has collided with a bridge; combat takes place on the crashed boat, with one portion of it fairly intact and the opposite side being a lot more destroyed. The field order here allows players to pilot an A-10 for a short period of time.
- A new weapon -- the Ripper; a hybrid weapon that can swap from SMG and AR modes. Avaiable for Season Pass holders today (Xbox One and Xbox 360 owners first, other platforms to follow).
- Episode 2 of the Extinction saga -- Mayday. The squad of players is sent to a Chinese ship to rescure Dr. Cross from Archer. There are many new features in this episode; such as, a new species of cryptids that fire gas projectiles and can produce sentry-like pods, player chosen side paths that contain more weapons or collectibles, craftables for the Venom-X which modify how it works, and a giant Kraken to defeat.