Some more information on Advanced Warfare's Multiplayer have been detailed by participants at Gamescon who got their hands on the playable demo. The info goes into deeper detail of mechanics already revealed -- as well as some extra material:
- Hit markers – there’s two types of hit markers. When you kill an enemy, you get a single hit marker confirming the kill. When you get a headshot, you get a double hit marker to identify that you have a headshot kill.
- You can actually equip two scorestreaks that have the same point value because of the new customizable scorestreaks. Customizing them allows you to add additional features to a scorestreak, but adding the features increases the points you need to get that streak. You can get all streaks at the same time, if they’re all customized to the same point value.
- When aiming down sights, when you aim at an enemy, your sight will highlight red; when you aim down at a friendly it will light up blue.
- A big change for Call of Duty: There’s NO fall damage in Advanced Warfare MP. With the implementation of the exo types of jumps, there won’t be any issue where your character can fall to death (unless they fall of the map itself).
- For round ending cams, if you’re playing an objective mode, at the end it will show which player completed the objective to win the game; it won’t show the ending kill. “Gaming winning score”
- Melee system is very similar to Black Ops 2, hard to hit someone who isn’t at a close distance.
- It is possible to survive a melee attack if you have the Exo Stim ability active.
- Snipers with iron sights are returning in Advanced Warfare.
- Combat Record from Black Ops is returning in Advanced Warfare
- C4s are not returning
You can read the article here, which also provides a video discussing this new information.