With the release of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 and in celebration of this wiki, we have decided to highlight a few factoids about the Call of Duty (series) and the Call of Duty Wiki that may or may not be known by people.
Over 900 Characters
The protagonists of each iteration of Call of Duty are extremely important, however, there is still a huge variety of characters throughout this game. Most surprisingly to me is the fact that there are some female characters in this male dominated series. Let's briefly look at a few of these female characters.
- Chloe Lynch - Also known as "Karma," she is a former employee of TACITUS who knows how to disable the Celerium. She becomes a target of Raul Menendez as a result of this.
- Isabelle DuFontaine - Appearing in Call of Duty 3, this member of the French Resistance may be the highest ranking female in the Call of Duty series. She appears to be the second in command, only behind Pierre LaRoche.
- Kristina Raskova - This CIA Double agent and GRU operative was employed to seduce and eliminate Alex Mason as part of Operation Charybdis.
Hollywood Stars Are Characters
The Zombies mode is either loved or hated by many fans of this game. However, if you are unfamiliar with this mode you may not know that many Hollywood personas have shown up as special characters in this mode. George A. Romero, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Danny Trejo, Robert Englund, and Michael Rooker all show up in the Call of the Dead map.
Many levels have been created and lost in the development process of this game. Call of Duty: Black Ops alone has over sixteen maps that didn't end up in the game - Airbase, Firebase, Havana, Jungle, Landing, Munich, Port, Rooftops (Black Ops), Sandstorm (Black Ops), Sea Lab, Shipyard (Black Ops), Snow Mine (Canceled Map), Temple of Doom, Underwater (Canceled Map), Uranium, and War Museum.
For more information about maps that didn't make the series, please view the following categories:
It should come as no surprise that a series that is primarily a first-person shooter, has a huge selection of weapons. Through exploring the category Weapons Per Game, there are over 1000 weapons in this series. A few of the more interesting ones include the following:
- Hotchkiss M1914 machine gun - This gun is only used in the game Call of Duty 2: Big Red One. It is a French heavy machine gun and a mounted weapon only available during the mission "Baptism By Fire" in the hands of Vichy French forces.
- Monkey Bomb - This secondary tactical grenade made its' first appearance in the zombie map Der Riese. It has since returned in the Call of Duty: Black Ops zombie maps Kino der Toten, "Five", Dead Ops Arcade and Shangri-La.
- SCAR-L - The SCAR-L is an assault rifle that is featured in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2: Force Recon, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: Defiance.
Since achievements and trophies have become an integral part of the gaming experience, the Call of Duty series has implemented over 550 achievements. A few random selections of achievements include -
- Blackjack - This achievement is a Special Ops related gameplay achievement/trophy in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2. The trophy is of a playing card with Price from Call of Duty and Call of Duty 2 on it. The achievement/trophy requires the player to earn 21 stars throughout the Special Ops missions.
- Grave Robber - Grave Robber is a campaign achievement/trophy in Call of Duty: World at War. It requires the player to collect all of the Death Cards in the campaign.
- Ménage à Trois - Ménage à Trois is an achievement/trophy in Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 where the player has to destroy three Russian tanks with a single 105mm shot in "Iron Lady".
Community Driven Success
Since the release of Black Ops II this Wiki has received almost 8.5 million page views. None of this would be possible without the help of the admins, users, and even anonymous contributors to this Wiki. Thanks everyone for making this the number one resource for all things Call of Duty related.