The SAS team being inserted by helicopter.
|Appears in||Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered
|Found in||Crew Expendable|
- "In other news, the search for a cargo ship lost in the Bering Strait due to a major storm has been called off..."
- — News Caster after the mission "Game Over"
The Väljakutse (also known as the Estonian Freighter) is a cargo ship that appears in the mission Crew Expendable in Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, where it is infiltrated by the Special Air Service in order to obtain a "package" located in the hold of the ship. The ship is later sunk by several missiles launched from a couple Ultranationalist MiG-29 fighter jets. A modified version of the ship appears in the multiplayer map, Wet Work, and the ship's model is later reused in the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Special Ops mission Suspension.
Role in Crew ExpendableEdit
On Day 1, 2011, just before the events of the Second Russian Civil War, an SAS squad led by Captain John Price landed on the ship from a helicopter and began working their way to find an entrance to the cargo holds, killing the crew and security detail in the process. After fighting their way through the decks and cargo holds, they finally reach their objective: a crate which seems to contain radioactive material and a manifest. John "Soap" MacTavish picks up the manifest and the four man squad make their way towards the extraction helicopter, but the ship is soon struck by several missiles launched from an Ultranationalist fighter jet. The SAS are forced to escape the sinking ship, managing to get onto the helicopter as the vessel disappears beneath the waves, along with the radioactive material.
- Some unused audio mentions that the missing ship had luxury automobiles in it. Some minivans are seen strapped onto the deck and in the cargo hold but nothing that could be described as luxury.
- It is never explained why the freighter is Estonian and not Russian, since all of the guards and equipment on board are Russian.
- In Remastered version of the game, the ship is named Väljakutse, which means "Challenge" in Estonian. The name can be seen on the side of the ship and above the bridge of the ship.