|Previous level||Arctic Recon|
|Next level||Light 'Em Up|
|Game||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3|
|Place||Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
|Campaign level||"Dust to Dust"|
- "Use laser-guided missiles to take out enemy transport choppers at the Oasis Hotel."
- — Level Description
- "The luxurious “Oasis” hotel in Dubai hosts the latest Special Ops mission, in which players must use laser-guided RPG’s to dispatch waves of helicopters. Utilize rooftop advantage to defend from waves of enemies, before parachuting to a ground-level exfil point."
- — Offical Description on the Call of Duty: Elite Content Calender
Baseplate notifies the player that 15 enemy transport helicopters are approaching, the player will have to shoot them down with the Starstreak, after all of them are taken down, Baseplate will notify the player that a friendly helicopter with a Care Package drop containing a parachute is arriving, and that they must defend the rooftop, eventually, another transport helicopter will approach; a while after it is shot down, a Little Bird will drop off a Juggernaut unless the chopper is shot down beforehand.
After the Juggernaut is killed, the player will have to defend the rooftop for a little bit longer, then get the parachute of the Care Package drop and parachute off the rooftop, then fight their way to the exfil point, fighting Inner Circle insurgents, Suicide Bombers, and Little Birds armed with miniguns and rockets.
Apex (15 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete the "Vertigo" Special Ops mission on any difficulty.
Pinnacle (20 / Bronze Trophy ) - Complete the "Vertigo" Special Ops mission on Veteran difficulty.
Flyswatter (15 / Bronze trophy ) - Destroy all the Helicopters in the Vertigo Special Ops mission.
|Found in level & Initial Area (Ground & Up)|
These weapons can be found in the level with or without attachments.
- This is first Special Ops mission to have Care Packages.
- This Special Ops mission goes in the opposite direction of Dust to Dust.
- The Starstreak is a variation of the Stinger, firing laser-guided missiles.
- The roof of the Oasis Hotel was remodeled to favor actual gameplay, adding environments suitable to tactical maneuvering.
- Similar to Toxic Paradise, one of the Juggernauts in the mission is deployed by a Little Bird, instead of the usual Mi-17.
- The Starstreak's missile travels slower than a Stinger missile.
- The Care Package is dropped not by a Little Bird, but it randomly spawns into the game.
- The M4A1 Red Dot Sight after the parachute drop contains 999 reserve ammunition, not to mention the 30 rounds in the magazine, making a total of 1029 rounds to the weapon altogether.
- In this mission, suicide bombers are present. They wear different outfits than their Survival Mode counterparts, similar to Iron Clad.
- This is the first DLC in the Modern Warfare series to add a new weapon: the Starstreak.