Level 42 (MP)
|Rate of Fire||
- "Full-auto energy rifle. Deploys a best-in-class stopping power at a low, dependable fire rate."
- — In-game description.
The Volk is an energy assault rifle in Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. It boasts the best damage of all the assault rifles, but it possesses a less-than-stellar cyclic fire rate. The Volk resembles the AK-47 from previous games.
When all side missions are completed, the Volk unlocks the Volk Marksman upgrade, which increases the damage output per round with the disadvantage of the weapon being switched to a semi-auto firing mode. Interestingly, this effect can be bypassed with the Slide Rail attachment.
The Volk is unlocked at level 42, being the last Assault Rifle that can be unlocked.
The Volk is a high damage-per-bullet assault rifle, best comparing to the HVR and R3K. The Volk mostly taking three hits to kill. Damage linearly decreases until where the Volk will deal thirty damage, taking four hits to kill.
The Volk's rate of fire is slow, only firing at 468 RPM.
The Volk can be quite inaccurate. Its iron sights are very clean and simple, and its recoil profile is quite weird, kicking equally upwards and to the sides.
The Volk's handling traits are quite poor for assault rifles. Its switch speeds are some of the slowest in tier, the aim down sight speed is the assault rifle standard, the Volk will limit movement speed to 95% if it is the heaviest weapon equipped, and the hip-fire spread is a mediocre size.
The Volk has the usual set of attachments available to it. The Reflex Sight is great choice on the Volk, as the front post is folded down when aiming, unlike it's predecessor from previous games. The ELO shares a lot of the Reflex's, except a shorter frame of a sight. Foregrip is essential for all-round use of the Volk.
- Reflex - Unlocked at weapon level 1.
- Scout Hybrid - Unlocked at weapon level 4.
- Trojan - Unlocked at weapon level 7
- VMC - Unlocked at weapon level 9.
- Thermal - Unlocked at weapon level 11.
- ELO - Unlocked at weapon level 14.
- Foregrip - Unlocked at weapon level 2.
- Quickdraw - Unlocked at weapon level 3.
- Fusion Mag - Unlocked at weapon level 5.
- Suppressor - Unlocked at weapon level 6.
- Particle Amp - Unlocked at weapon level 8.
- Stock - Unlocked at weapon level 10.
- Laser Sight - Unlocked at weapon level 12.
- Ram Servo - Unlocked at weapon level 13.
- Faraday Slug- Unlocked at weapon level 15.
|Name||Rarity||Gun Perks||Cost (Salvage)||Notes|
|Vexed||Rare||On Point, Creeper||500|
|Corruption||Epic||Mo' Money, Sharpshooter||N/A||Unlocked via a supply drop.|
The Volk can be bought off the wall for $1,500 in Zombies in Spaceland. The Volk is a highly dependable assault rifle, both easy to obtain and useful for carrying into higher rounds, especially with attachments. It is unlocked for customization at level 16.
The weapon's highest drawback is its accuracy, as the iron sights are often useless due to the relatively high recoil. Even without the Faraday Slug, the Volk has a high headshot bonus, making the attachment debatable to use. Grip is a necessity, as it helps counteract the recoil to prevent missed shots.
When upgraded via the Pack-a-Punch Machine, the Volk becomes the Shock Therapy, gaining increased damage, a larger magazine, and more reserve ammo. After upgrading the Pack-a-Punch Machine, the Shock Therapy can be upgraded (double pack-a-punched) to the Electric Boogie for $10,000. This further increases damage, magazine size, and reserve ammo.
- Zombies in Spaceland - To the left of the portal in the Journey into Space area, as well as to the left of the DJ Booth in Polar Peak.
Volk vs Shock Therapy vs Electric BoogieEdit
|Volk||Shock Therapy||Electric Boogie|
|Extras||Larger magazine, more ammo||Larger magazine, more ammo|