8x2 Dual-wield (64 reserve)
950 (Mystery Box)
The Wave Gun is a Wonder Weapon that is featured in the Zombies map Moon. It causes zombies to cough up blood, then slowly expand while floating away, and then explode into a bloody mist. It can also be taken apart and dual wielded, in which it becomes the Zap Gun Dual Wield, which fires bolts of electricity similar to the Wunderwaffe DG-2. Except for that they only kill the zombie they hit, with no spreading effect.
When Pack-a-Punched via the Pack-a-Punch Machine, the dual wielded version becomes Porter's X2 Zap Gun Dual Wield, and the combined version becomes the Max Wave Gun.
The Wave Gun can be obtained in the Mystery Box or from a potential QED drop. When first equipped, the gun is found in Dual Wield mode. The Zap guns fire red balls of electricity that kills zombies instantly upon contact, similar to the Wunderwaffe DG-2. It only kills the zombie it hits, and no others are affected. The Dual Wield Zap Gun will always be a one-shot kill to any zombies at any range. After hitting Left on the D-Pad or 5 (default on PC version) the guns combine to become one weapon, which fires a purple beam; once the beam reaches its target it causes zombies in the blast radius to cough up blood, then slowly expand and explode. The Pack-a-Punched version causes the zombies to perform an extra animation before expanding, and has increased ammo capacity and reserve ammo. This weapon is very useful at higher rounds due to its large magazines, the ability to change to fire mode instantly as well as its infinite damage.
- Dual Wield - On the Zap Guns
- H. Porter, who invented the Porter's X2 Ray Gun, also made the Porter's X2 Zap Gun.
- Zombies killed by either form will not drop power-ups.
- The Wave Gun says "87" on the side, similar to the V-R11.
- A Wave Gun model was created and was featured in a video previewing Moon.
- When Dual Wielded (Zap Gun Dual Wield) the crosshairs expand while rotating. It shares this trait with the Ray Gun, the Winter's Howl and the 31-79 JGb215.
- The icon in the D-Pad used to switch between the version is the same as that of the Grenade Launcher.
- Astronaut Zombies are immune to the effects of the Wave Gun and the Zap Gun.
- Attendees at Call of Duty XP were able to see the Wave Gun replica from the Zombie Labs trailer.
- Furthermore, a microwave timer can be heard going off as a Zombie explodes from the Wave Gun.
- There is a small atom symbol on the bottom of the left gun.
- Zombies will explode instantly when shot while spawning out of the ground.
- Dempsey calls the Wave Gun a "Mini-Waffle", which is a reference to him calling the Wunderwaffe a "Wonder Waffle" as both weapons shoot electricity.