Wonder Weapons are a series of powerful and unusual weapons featured in the Zombie Mode of Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Black Ops and Call of Duty: Black Ops II. Only three appear in Call of Duty: ZOMBIES.
The seventeen weapons in order of introduction are the Ray Gun, Wunderwaffe DG-2, Monkey Bomb, Thundergun, Winter's Howl, Gersch Device, Matryoshka Dolls, V-R11, Scavenger, 31-79 JGb215, Wave Gun, Quantum Entanglement Device, Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23, Sliquifier, Blundergat, Hell's Retriever, and the Golden Spork.
The Monkey Bomb, Gersch Device, Matryoshka Dolls, Quantum Entanglement Device, and the Hell's Retriever are special/tactical grenades and will replace one another when a new one is picked up. Each Wonder Weapon has a unique function that separates it from the rest of the available weapons. The unique abilities vary from weapon to weapon but are generally devastating to the zombies in the later rounds, helping the player's chance of survival.
The Ray Gun, Wunderwaffe DG-2 and Monkey Bomb were introduced in Call of Duty: World at War; the Thundergun, Winter's Howl, Gersch Device, Scavenger, V-R11, 31-79 JGb215, Wave Gun and the Quantum Entanglement Device made their debuts in Call of Duty: Black Ops; and the Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23, Sliquifier, Blundergat, Hell's Retriever, and Golden Spork first appear in Call of Duty: Black Ops II.
- Main article: Ray Gun
- Main article: Wunderwaffe DG-2
- Main article: Monkey Bomb
Der Riese, and the Call Of Duty: Black Ops maps Kino der Toten, "Five" and Shangri-La. The Monkey bomb also appears in Nacht der Untoten, Verrückt, and Shi No Numa in the Call Of Duty: Black Ops versions. It can be also be obtained in Tranzit and Nuketown Zombies in the Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2 version, and the Turned mode of the Revolution (DLC) reveals that it operates by tricking the zombies into thinking that the monkey is really a human. It is a wind up "clapping-cymbal monkey" toy with sticks of explosives strapped to its back. When thrown, it attracts zombies toward it, glowing, playing music, and dancing. After the song is finished, the bomb explodes, damaging the zombies around it. The blast radius is rather small, so it is usually used to distract zombies while the player is retreating or reviving a teammate.
- Main article: Thundergun
- Main article: Winter's Howl
- Main article: Gersch Device
- Main article: Matryoshka Doll
- Main article: V-R11
- Main article: Scavenger (Weapon)
It is unknown whether the Scavenger is considered an actual Wonder Weapon.
- Main article: 31-79 JGb215
- Main article: Wave Gun
Quantum Entanglement Device
- Main article: Quantum Entanglement Device
The Quantum Entanglement Device is a Tactical Grenade featured in the Zombies map Moon. When thrown, the QED has no definite effect, as it's name would imply - it has been shown to do multiple random things, varying from doing damage to giving players Power-Ups to spawning more Zombies. It can either produce positive or negative effects, saving or cursing the player.
Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23
- Main article: Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23
The Thrustodyne Aeronautics Model 23, also known as the Jet Gun, is a buildable weapon that is featured in TranZit. It appears and reacts in a similar way to that of the Thundergun. It requires four parts to create:
- Jet Engine - Found in the tunnel between the Diner and the Bus Depot.
- Cables - Found in the building at the Power Plant.
- Pressure Gauge - Found in the cabin between the Power Plant and the Town.
- Handbrake - Found in the building of the Nacht der Untoten Easter egg in the cornfield after the Farm.
- Main article: Sliquifier
The Sliquifier is a buildable weapon that is featured in Die Rise. It requires four parts to create. The Sliquifier will turn zombies into thick, purple liquid that will cause puddles in which the player, and zombies, can slide in. It can also chain between multiple zombies at a slow rate if they are touching each other. It is short-ranged.
- Main article: Blundergat
The Blundergat is a new wonder weapon featured in Mob of the Dead. It is based on civil-war weaponry, seen as a combination of the Blunderbuss and Gatling Gun. It acts like a single-shot break action shotgun normally. When upgraded to the Acid Gat, it appears to stick zombies with a substance and make them explode.
- Main article: Hell's Retriever
The Hell's Retriever is a wonder weapon featured in Mob of the Dead. It is a mystical weapon that is unlocked by feeding six zombies to each of the three Hound heads scattered around the map. The Hell's Retriever acts like a boomerang when thrown and can be charged up to deal more damage. It has infinite uses, but requires a cool down time between each throw.It can also be used in some easter eggs on the map such as getting the Blundergat without the box by throwing it at all five skulls on the map. It can be upgraded to a Hell's Redeemer.
- Main article: Golden Spork
The Golden Spork is a wonder weapon featured in Mob of the Dead. It is a mystical weapon that is unlocked via a specific chain of actions. It is the first Wonder Weapon that is a melee weapon. It is a one hit kill up to and including round 33.
- The Ray Gun and the Thundergun both appear in the campaign as an easter egg, the former appearing in Call of Duty: World at War in the level "Little Resistance" and the latter appearing in Call of Duty: Black Ops in the level "Numbers".
- The Thundergun, Scavenger, 31-79 JGb215, and the Blundergat are the only Wonder Weapons that don't keep part of their name's when Pack-a-Punched.
- The Ray Gun is the only weapon that appears in every Zombies map.
- The V-R11 and the Matryoshka Dolls are the only Wonder Weapons that do not have hints as to who created them.
- The Wave Gun is the only Wonder Weapon to be Dual-Wield compatible.
- The V-R11, Scavenger, 31-79 JGb215, Wave Gun, Quantum Entanglement Device, Jet Gun, Sliquifier, Blundergat, Hell's Retriever, and the Golden Spork are the only Wonder Weapons to not appear on more than one map.
- Aside from the Ray Gun, Blundergat, Golden Spork and all grenade Wonder Weapons, each Wonder Weapon can only be obtained by one person at a time in a single game legitimately.
|Call of Duty: World at War|
|Call of Duty: Black Ops|