950 (Mystery Box)
32+192 (SP), 32+96 (MP)
32+416 (SP), 32+256 (MP)
2.25 normal, 2.8 empty
|Rate of Fire||
4-round burst: 1250 RPM per burst
4-round burst (SP Select Fire, MP Standard, Zombies)
- "4 round burst assault rifle. Bursts can be fired in quick succession."
- — Description
The M8A1 (originally named XM8) is an Assault Rifle that appears in Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It was first shown in the reveal trailer for Call of Duty: Black Ops II. It appears to be the main weapon of many allies found in-game, including Harper.
The M8A1 is the eighth assault rifle to be unlocked at level 49. It is a four-round burst weapon with moderately low recoil. The bursts make this an effective weapon at any range, but it is most potent in mid-range engagements. The M8A1 can kill with just three shots at close-range, however, at long-range, five shots are required to kill.
The iron sights are moderately clear and can be used effectively by experienced players, but to use the M8A1's ranged capabilities, an optical attachment, such as the Reflex Sight or the Target Finder is recommended.
Select Fire can turn M8A1 into a fully automatic assault rifle. Due to its high fire rate and good damage, it can be effective in close-range over the burst-fire, and at longer distances, the player may switch to burst-fire for more accuracy.
The M8A1 is available in all Zombies modes for 950 points from the Mystery Box. It retains its four-round burst fire mode from multiplayer. Double Tap Root Beer can be very useful with this gun, as its four-round bursts start off somewhat weak, making it difficult to kill zombies quickly. It can be very good for accumulating points in the right hands, and is suitable for shooting zombie hordes. Pack-a-Punched, it becomes the Micro Aerator. This gun is the kingpin of headshots, as its four-round bursts can eliminate zombies with ease until as late as round 24, with Double Tap Root Beer. It also holds a large ammo capacity, making it one of the more worthwhile weapons to upgrade. Also of note, it's hip-fire accuracy is increased dramatically, increasing its close-quarters-combat effectiveness. It is one of the few weapons that are able to be Pack-a-Punched multiple times to cycle through attachments for 2000 points. Attachments include the Reflex Sight, EOTech sight, Target Finder, MMS and the Grenade Launcher.
- Reflex Sight (unlocked weapon level 2)
- Quickdraw (unlocked weapon level 3)
- Fast Mag (unlocked weapon level 4)
- ACOG Scope (unlocked weapon level 5)
- Foregrip (unlocked weapon level 6)
- Adjustable Stock (unlocked weapon level 7)
- Target Finder (unlocked weapon level 8)
- Laser Sight (unlocked weapon level 9)
- Select Fire (unlocked weapon level 10)
- EOTech Sight (unlocked weapon level 11)
- Suppressor (unlocked weapon level 12)
- FMJ (unlocked weapon level 13)
- Hybrid Optic (unlocked weapon level 14)
- Extended Clip (unlocked weapon level 15)
- Grenade Launcher (unlocked weapon level 16)
- MMS (unlocked weapon level 17)
- The M8A1 is the first weapon in the series to fire four-round bursts.
- In the early stages of Call of Duty: Black Ops II, the M8A1 used to have a 36-round magazine in multiplayer (and consequently 48 with the Extended Clip attachment), though it was reduced to 32 in the final version (42 w/ Extended Clip).
- When Kryptek: Typhon camouflage is applied to the M8A1, it will act as an overlay, retaining the original colors but adding the scaly pattern over them, whereas with other weapons, the original colors are changed to black.
- 'HKH M8A1 MK II' is written on the left side of the M8A1. This is most easily seen when prone moving forward.
- The M8A1, originally had a lot more visible recoil. This can be seen in the Multiplayer Trailer. Also to note that this is also unchanged in Zombies.
- The M8A1 was originally called the XM8 but was changed later in development.
- This is Harper's weapon of choice, along with the SCAR-H.
- The player seems to run "lazily" with the M8A1 while in first person, as though the weapon is very light.
- ↑ http://www.charlieintel.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/namechange1.jpg
- ↑ BO2 Multiplayer : M8A1 Assault Rifle Preview - YouTube, retrieved February 16th, 2013
- ↑