|Zakhaev International Airport|
|Games||Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2|
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
|Found In||"No Russian", Terminal (Special Ops) Terminal (Multiplayer), and "Blood Brothers"|
Zakhaev International Airport (Russian: Международный аэропорт имени Захаева) is an airport in Moscow, Russia. The airport is named after Imran Zakhaev, considered to be a national hero after the Ultranationalists gained power in Russia.
The airport is the setting for the Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 single-player mission "No Russian" where it suffered a major terrorist attack led by Vladimir Makarov that sparked World War III, the multiplayer map Terminal, and a Special Ops mission also named Terminal. It also makes an appearance in Blood Brothers in the flashback scene.
Levels of this LocationEdit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2Edit
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3Edit
- While moving through the airport on the multiplayer map Terminal, the player comes to a large screen and all the flights switch to delayed. Only the flight to Paris is not delayed, indicating that the plane at the terminal is that particular flight.
- The signature Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 neon green "2" can be seen in the elevator.
- The words "Infinity Ward" are scratched on the elevator button panel.
- In "No Russian" one of the elevators near the Departures board is working and can be used.
- The police car seen outside next to the downstairs lobby in the multiplayer rendition of the mission, Terminal, as well as in the actual mission, has an American flag on the front panel.
- On the checkout counter of one of the stores (Campaign and Spec Ops only), two copies of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare can be seen.
- In Modern Warfare 2, the airport seems to be brighter than in Modern Warfare 3; where it's darker.