Green Run Group
The Zombie Shield is a weapon found in the Zombies map Green Run in the game mode TranZit, the map Mob of the Dead, and in Origins, this time with a dieselpunk design. It is made of parts found around the Diner bus stop in Green Run (and built on the workbench in the garage), parts found around the Docks in Mob of the Dead, and parts in the trenches in Origins.
When using the shield, it does not generate any points for kills because it is a buildable. When it does not kill a zombie upon the first hit, it will give the player 10 points per zombie that was hit but not killed. It will kill a zombie with a single hit up until round 20, when it will take multiple bashes to send zombies flying. The shield will block zombies' attacks completely, even when on the player's back. However, the shield will only sustain 15 hits after which it will break. The shield can be planted to distract zombies.
The shield is a useful asset in Mob of the Dead and Origins, as it occupies an empty inventory slot (unlike in TranZit where it can be replaced by any other, more conventional buildable such as a Turbine) and gives good defense on the player's back. It is advisory to build the shield on a workbench near the player's main area of choice so it can be re-obtained easily.
- Car Door: In the garage.
- On the floor
- In the car on the maintenance platform.
- In the small room in the back across from the window.
- Hand Trolley: In the diner.
- Behind the counter on the left or right side.
- Near a booth at the far end from the Speed Cola.
Mob of the DeadEdit
- Hand trolley: Outside on the docks near some crates.
- Clamp: In the generator room
- Across from the generator that doesn't break
- Next to a generator in the corner of the room.
- On a table in the middle of the room.
- In the back left corner of the room near the fallen lamp.
- NOTE - The clamp may be missing from time to time in solo play.
- Cell door: In the Citadel Tunnels
- Leaning against a panel on the spiral staircase.
- In the room where the plane part elevator descends to.
- The end of the hall near the generator room.
- Face Screen
- In the Fire tunnel on a table to the right of the gateway
- To the right of the fire tunnel, in the trench room
- In the trench tunnel near Speed Cola, behind the crate heading to the workshop
- To the right of the first area leading to Generator 2 from spawn, in the trench room
- At the end of the trenches past Generator 2 and the Workshop
- Near Generator 2 on top of the Tank Station near some broken piping
- Shield Frame
- Near Generator 4, to the left of the MP40 nearby
- In the marshlands just outside of Generator 4, heading towards the trenches to the church
- In another Giant Robot Footprint near the Excavation site
- When the player builds the Zombie Shield in TranZit, they will push the pin down to lock the car door on the side of the shield. In Mob of the Dead, the character inserts a key into the cell door key slot.
- The shield shows obvious damage overtime, starting with straight, intact parts, eventually bending at several places and then breaking.